https://www.ultraserve.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Thin_White-and-Red-02.png 0 0 UltraServe https://www.ultraserve.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Thin_White-and-Red-02.png UltraServe2020-07-20 13:57:452020-07-20 20:13:55Financial Reporting Manager
Founded in Australia, we are 100% Australian owned and headquartered, and have been solving digital commerce challenges for some of the world’s leading brands for close to 20 years. In short, we help organisations deliver new online experiences to customers with our leading digital e-commerce platform.
We are a high-growth business with a collaborative and innovative business model. We place very high value on culture, diversity of thinking and authenticity, and have grown our high calibre team to over 50 across our geographies.
This newly created role will be primarily responsible for the financial, management and statutory reporting of the company which includes the parent entity and its two overseas subsidiaries (on a consolidated and stand-alone basis), as well as the company’s financial planning and analysis function.
Reporting directly to the CFO, the successful candidate will work alongside 2 others in the core finance team and will be required to engage effectively with all parts of the business (finance, operations, product, technology, sales and marketing, and the executive team) to deliver timely, accurate and insightful analysis and reporting.
Critical to this role will be experience with consolidated financial reporting, and financial modelling, preferably with experience in Power BI and advanced Excel.
A strong understanding of financial accounting is a must, together with working experience in accounting / GL systems such as Xero, however we are not looking for a technical expert as these skills (accounting, tax, compliance) already exist in the team.
The successful candidate is likely to be working in, or coming from, a similar role and experience base, as opposed to on the advisory or audit side and working only in a big-4 type environment.
The head office is in Gosford and whilst there is an office in Pyrmont, the expectation will be that the successful candidate is able to spend at least 3-4 days a week with the Gosford team which houses the finance, operations, technology and support teams.
Reporting & Analysis
- Oversee the completion of month-end tasks including preparing the consolidated financial reports, together with detailed variance analysis
- Work with the CFO to ensure all monthly reporting obligations and ad-hoc tasks are completed, particularly with respect to re-forecasting and planning
- Work with the business and the CFO to prepare budgets and support during the business planning processes
- Co-ordinate the finance team in order to meet deadlines in-so-far as it relates to internal and external reporting obligations
- Lead ad hoc reporting, projects and analysis as required by stakeholders
- Prepare annual statutory accounts and assistance with the year-end audit process
- Work with the CFO and external advisors to ensure the accurate and timely completion of tax returns, both direct and indirect taxes
- Assist with ad hoc compliance projects and reporting obligations
- Assist in the ongoing documentation of ERP/CRM systems and GL system interactions Teaming
- Work with the CFO and other members of the team to continue to drive high performance
- Build relationships with the executive team and the business, across divisions & geographies
- Together with the CFO, be a trusted advisor in financial matters to ensure that financial information is understood and utilised as a key business tool by the business
- Assist with building / maintaining a productive working environment through constructive, regular and timely feedback and by ensuring appropriate involvement, delegation and monitoring of staff
- Encourage a culture of coaching, professional development and continuous self-improvement
- CA / CPA qualification or equivalent (required)
- Financial modeling training (an advantage)
- 5-10 years accounting, financial reporting and business analysis experience – preferably in dynamic and high growth businesses
- Sound working knowledge of financial compliance and a familiarisation with tax regulations
- Strong financial analysis and modelling skills with an analytical and problem-solving ability
- Effective communication and business partnering skills are a must – being able to build trusted relationships at all levels, both upwards and downwards
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach and develop others and effectively build a team environment
- Ability to manage change effectively and proactively
To apply, please contact email@example.com