https://www.ultraserve.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Thin_White-and-Red-02.png 0 0 kfitzsimmons https://www.ultraserve.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Thin_White-and-Red-02.png kfitzsimmons2021-02-12 16:07:542021-02-12 16:11:43L2 Systems Engineer
Ultra Commerce provides expert services and cloud-based technology solutions in the eCommerce space. Our organization is expanding globally and is actively building out operations in the APAC region.
The Service Desk engineer is a skilled team member delivering a high level of technical and customer support to our customer base. Additional responsibilities will involve administering the ITSM tool Samanage currently being used by the Service Desk.
This technical role encompasses monitoring infrastructure, actioning & resolving tickets, writing documentation, tracking tickets, providing reporting and supporting our eCommerce solutions for our Customer base. Your client-facing responsibilities will include; written communication in service desk tickets and various chat channels, proactive responses to alerts to prevent incidents, incident management and calendaring of change requests and tasks. Support involves virtual servers, databases, storage, networks and proactive maintenance including patching and security audits.
Customers – As the face of the company, you will provide knowledge, technical support, and guidance to our customers to maintain their environments and business. Key is to establish a positive working relationship with Customers that supports the mission of the Service Desk. Manage ticket queues while working on calendared activity to be performed within specific times. Respond to ongoing alerts determining the appropriate actions based on the alert. Contribute and update documentation on an as needed basis, identifying changes to process or customer defined requirements. Follow and contribute to systems and processes aligned to company goals for IT service delivery using best practice frameworks including ITIL aligned processes (Service Desk, Incident, Problem and Change Management best practices).
People – Demonstrate company’s key messages and values through your communication with our customers, partners, suppliers, and colleagues.
Team – Your initiative, resourcefulness, flexibility and conscientious follow-through will strengthen our customer relationships and benefit the entire Ultra Commerce team.
Reporting and Documentation – Work within the ticket management system and various chat channels to document activity performed to allow effective customer management and accurate reporting for Ultra Commerce and our customers. Update and verify documentation as necessary.
Efficiency – Be proactive in identifying areas for improvement such as process and the need for changes to improve the functionality of the team or the tools that are used to support our customers. Follow and contribute to systems and processes aligned to company goals for IT service delivery using best practice frameworks including ITIL aligned processes (Service Desk, Incident, Problem and Change Management best practices).
Growth – Identify opportunities to improve processes or manners in which customers are supported to ensure customer expectations are exceeded in a manner that supports existing business and enhances the opportunity to gain new business.
Direct Reports – Head of Operations – APAC
Other Internal – Project Managers, Engineering, Solutions Architects, Project Engineers, Technical Account Managers, Business Development Managers
External – Customers, Partners, Customer vendors
- Amazon Web Services (knowledge and use of EC2, Route 53, RDS, S3 etc.)
- Linux (CentOS, RedHat) Configuration and administration experience (Bash knowledge essential)
- MySQL knowledge (basic to intermediate)
- Understanding of Networking DNS, TCP/IP, VPN technologies
- Strong computer literacy, primarily within Mac OS’ – you will be supplied with a MacBook Pro work laptop as your primary device
- Understanding of ITIL/ITSM (basic to intermediate), service management processes and concepts (e.g., incident management, change management, problem management, change management, etc)
- Knowledge/usage of ticketing systems, or specifically Samanage experience, at the level of an SME or administrator
- Proactive mindset in an active IT industry, ready to engage all internal/external relationships to get the job done.
- Above all else, you are a team player who wishes to join a company with the same ideology.
The following would be advantageous in this role:
- Demonstrated understanding of database management, logical design concepts and levels of database security
- Knowledge of monitoring platforms such as New Relic, Dynatrace etc.
- Experience working with eCommerce technologies including but not limited to SAP Hybris, Magento, Oracle Commerce / ATG
- AWS Associate Certification or above (e.g. Cloud Practitioner, Solutions Architect etc.)
- AU Service Desk onsite location is Gosford CBD NSW, so you will be currently living in either Sydney or Central Coast, NSW Australia.
- Work between the hours of 8/9:00am to 5/6:00pm, Monday to Friday (dependant on daylight savings)
- Ability to work weekends, based on a rotation roster
- Computer Science/Bachelor’s degree within IT, or equivalent experience
To apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org